Randstad MENA is seeking experienced Safety Manager on behalf of a major client. This is a permanent staff position, based in Qassim, Saudi Arabia.
- Prepare HSE Plans and Procedures as per company procedures to meet the Project /Client specifications. Coordinate during External Audits to get required ISO Certifications, Revise/ Update HSE Objectives and Procedures as per International Standard and Company Safety Requirements, Implement the HSE requirements, Ensuring all the relevant Equipment required for ensuring Safety at Work place are maintained and calibrated, as per requirements
- Preparing Project HSE Plans as per Project/ Client's requirements and getting these approved as per Project Schedules in order to avoid delay in the carrying out project activities at Work Site.
- Assessing the Requirements of PPE and related Equipment at Work Place and provide these as per Company procedures to Work site for the use by Project Personnel, in order to reduce injuries while works are being carried out and to keep the Work Place more safe.
- Ensuring that Internal Audits and External Audits are being carried out periodically as per ISO and Company Safety Requirements in order to meet the requirements of International HSE Standards, enabling the organization to have all necessary objective evidence required for getting certified, when required.
- To check and ensure HSE Management system is Implemented, Followed and Updated in the assigned projects in order to meet the organization HSE goals.
- To propose and implement measures for HSE Improvement including HSE Training, in order to improve HSEMS and organization HSE goals.
- Internal Relationships (excluding reporting line)
- External relationships
- Purchase Dept. personnel
- PMS Dept. personnel
- PED Dept. personnel
- PRM Dept. personnel
- SMS Dept. personnel Customer - HSE department personnel
- Third party HSE Inspection agencies.
- Certification agencies.
- Calibration Agencies
Job Authorities, Supervision/Team Size & Dimensions:
- Authorized to guide and advise HSE Officers for related Inspections and Document Preparations
- Coordinates and supervises a team of HSE Officers across the organization and Project Sites
- Recommending authority for the project related to expenses of HSE department within the overall approved budget
- Authorized to make Internal Audit and External Audit Schedules
- Authorized to stop work in case of HSE non-conformance
- Authorized to Reject Equipment and Components in case of non-conformance to HSE standards.
- Authorized to recommend new HSE Testing Instruments.
- Authorized to provide HSE Training across the Organization and Project Sites.
- To prepare and submit Project HSE Plan as per Project and Client Specifications
- To coordinate and guide a team of HSE Officers
- To ensure that all relevant PPEs are made available to Site as per requirements.
- To coordinate and ensure all the HSE related documents are collected, compiled and maintained properly for inspection of customer audit / III party inspections ; Prepare Monthly HSE Statistics.
- To coordinate the HSE inspections at the site and provide additional support and guidance on HSE related processes and Procedures.
- To ensure that all Sub-Contractors comply with the HSE Requirements of the Client.
- To coordinate, prepare, maintain and update all HSE related documents for internal and external audit for the assigned projects
- To coordinate and carry out Risk Assessments periodically and implement protective measures, so that the Risk Levels are Low
- To maintain a list of all HSE Test Instruments and ensure that calibrations for equipment's are periodically renewed; Coordinate with QC & HSE Officers for the Safe Custody of the equipment
- To carry out measures for Continual Improvement so as to improve the HSE Management System
- To coordinate during Internal and External Audits and ensure that all the requirements related to ISO and other certifications, when required are available, for inspection by Relevant agencies and Client.
Qualification & Experience Prerequisites:
- Bachelor's in Engineering
- The candidate must have safety related managerial experience in power plant industry.
- Should possess engineering graduation.
- He should have at least of 15 yrs. experience in safety domain.
- Saudi National is preferred
- Should have relevant safety related certificates such as NEBOSH-IGC, IOSH-Managing Safely