Randstad MENA is seeking experienced Safety Engineer on behalf of a major client. This is a permanent staff position based in Saudi Arabia.
- Ensures the implementation of loss prevention regulations and procedures, inspects and recognizes positive and negative safety behaviors, unsafe acts and conditions and recommend corrective actions in the light of day-to-day work environment. Develops and update safety practices and procedures. Imparts safety training to the plant personnel, drafts safety communications, arranges and participates in the safety meetings and issues safety updates and reports to the supervisor in a frequent regular basis. Reports safety incidents and advises alternate methods of practice.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertakes general safety inspections and ensures the adherence to the general safety rules and regulations in conformity with safety and loss prevention
- Formulates plans and handles safety orientation classes for new-hire.
- Schedules and conducts annual refresher safety training classes for mine personnel as
- Draws up lessons for safety training and obtaining approvals from the supervisor/manager before they are imparted to the trainees.
- Evaluates the available facilities for safety compliance and suggests modifications, if any.
- Counseling the employees on correct safety behavior to be followed in the daily work situations.
- Supports the management for all safety efforts.
- Surveys work methods and practices to determine extent of compliance with safety and loss prevention measures. Develops work standard operating procedures to minimize unnecessary exposure to unsafe working conditions.
- Evaluates safety equipment and sets up an example himself for others to follow with relation to safety practices.
- Training others in the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Using and interpreting safety monitoring equipment for a air quality, noise, gases etc.,
- Organizes safety drills, emergency evacuation and implementation the employees for emergency
- Carries out regular inspection tours of all facilities to identify hazardous and unsafe working conditions as well as ensure compliance with established programs.
- Studies recommendation from subordinates and or the field and institutes changes in the programs as required.
- Notifies insurance company (NCCI) of property damage in order to start claims process.
- Performs other similar or related duties such as keeping abreast of developments in the field of safety and loss prevention, conferring and coordinating with local government personnel, training new employees, familiarizing contractors and consultants with the Company's safety procedures, etc.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- BS degree in Safety or Industrial Engineering
- 2-4 years of experience in industrial safety or loss prevention preferably in the fertilizer/ mining, oil and gas, chemical industries or similar
- Effective communication skills.
- Good relationship building skills (internal and external)
- Strong work ethic and be able to adhere to company, policies, and standard business etiquette.
- Good written, verbal and presentation skills in English required,
- Self-starter with minimal supervision for routine activities.
- Extensive computer skills in using Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) plus other software pertinent to the work performed would be advantageous.
- Ability to work with diverse populations, and foster a cooperative team environment.
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual is a plus
- International work experience in remote camp environment.