process engineer (ammonia) in eastern province
Oil and Gas
diana sioson, randstad mena
Randstad MENA is seeking an experienced Process Engineer (Ammonia) on behalf of a major client. This is a permanent staff position based in Saudi Arabia.
Reports To: Superintendent Process
- The position of Engineer - Process reports to the Superintendent of Process Engineering and will assist in providing Process Engineering technical expertise to various plants at Company to ensure adequate support and knowledge is provided to plant operations by way of process & control engineering, project engineering, reliability and quality testing and optimization of the plant unit operations. Provide troubleshooting and technical support to operations and maintenance. As required, develop studies which reduce manufacturing costs, increase capacity, improve quality, and/or lead to general process improvements. Assist in project scopes development, P&ID's, PFD's, HMB, and other process design activities in support of capital projects.
- Monitor and follow up on progress and milestones to ensure projects are completed safely, on schedule, and within the budget.
- Monitor plant production, efficiencies, product quality, and environmental controls.
- Ensure that the Company's engineering specifications and safety policy is followed.
- Review and provide input into process designs to ensure plant will perform according to expectations.
- Participate and assist in technical evaluations and discussions, i.e. flow sheet, P&ID, PFD, HMB, and equipment selection optimization.
- Performs studies as directed.
- Assist in the evaluation and recommendations for the potential impacts of project decisions on:
- The environment, the health and safety of personnel,
- Project outcomes (schedule, costs and working plant), and
- Plant operations (product quality, costs, plant output, people)
- Interface closely with operations and maintenance; provide technical support as required.
- Prepares progress reports monthly and annually (focusing on main issues).
- Prepares, participates and give briefings and presentations as required.
- Assistance with the PSM process (PHAs, HAZOP, and MOC) as required.
- Effectively applies engineering methodology and enforces project standards.
- Identifies risks and ensures operational impacts are minimized.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Ensures QA/QC programs are effectively established.
Policies, Processes & Procedures
- Assist in the implementation of policies, processes, procedures and controls covering all areas of Process Engineering Department at Company Plant sites to ensure all relevant procedural/ legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering the appropriate quality and targeted objectives in a cost-effective manner.
Health, Safety and Environmental:
- Promote a culture of "Safety First" as reflected by low accident and incident rates.
- Ensure implementation of the operational HSE Management System to ensure all Company staff observes standard HSE processes and operating procedures.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 4 - 6 years of experience in Chemical, Petrochemical or Fertilizer Industry, working in the Process and Control Engineering services
- Leadership, team building and coaching skills.
- Ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills.
- Understands of the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations, maintenance and engineering.
- Excellent planning/organizational skills, with ability to balance production and maintenance needs.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening ability.
- A strong ability to be adaptable and flexible.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills in English required,
- Extensive computer skills in using Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) plus other software pertinent to the work performed would be advantageous.
- Ability to work with diverse populations, and foster a cooperative team environment.
- International work experience in remote camp environment
Process Engineer (Ammonia)