data governance & quality manager in Dubai
jordan seymour, randstad mena
+971 4 360 2460
- Manages and coordinates the implementation and rollout of the processes and applications in Data Governance & Quality.
- Engages with end users, manages proposed enhancements and plans the implementation and rollout in coordination with the technology teams.
- Manages the implementation and rollout plan, identifies and classifies potential barriers to the implementation and defines alternative solutions or changes if necessary.
- Facilitates the implementation of development projects as per the agreed on process in order to ensure timely completion and compliance to quality standards.
- Oversees all aspects of vendor relations effectively in order to ensure that contract finalization, compliance and timely completion and payment are handled smoothly and according to the prescribed procedures and guidelines.
- Engages with the (UAT) and facilitate effective and organized issue resolution.
- Manages the complete cycle of the product including the delivery of user manuals, training sessions and arranging for proper end user support.
- Provide Data Governance, Data Quality Audits, Reference Data Management, Data Certification, Master Data Management, Data Validation and reconciliation for downstream applications
- Ensures adherence to Data Governance processes, policies, and standards
- Ensure appropriate understanding, interpretation and usage of business data definitions, project specific data definitions and the data certification list of terms to be certified
- Perform data quality audits on project data for such things as inconsistent data, incomplete data, business rule violations, incorrect data, etc.
- Manages reference data and their hierarchies for business/projects
- Approves all data quality exceptions on the business/projects
- Reviews and approves data quality metrics and validation rules for the business/projects
- Lead activities / deliverables of team of data specialists, modelers and analysts. Establish, communicate and implement data governance plans, objectives, and strategies. This position doesn't have direct reports.
- Take a hand's on approach to data governance. Create a baseline for use in periodic data governance reviews and audits
- Utilizes information management tools as well as various data sources, to uncover and determine root causes of data issues.
- Works closely with internal business users and clients (data owners) to resolve data issues.
- Evaluates data gathered from multiple sources, reconciles differences, and ensures consistent approaches, data interpretation, and results measurements
- Works with business owners to defines and establish data quality rules and definitions consistent with department and organizations strategies
- Develop and report on data governance metrics that measure program effectiveness
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Computer Science
- 7+ years' experience working within a data-centric role
- Strong understanding of Customer Data, ideally from a large telecommunications environment
- Strong understanding of data governance principles within a large complex organisational environment
- Extensive experience in establishing data quality rules and definitions in line with organisational strategies
- Demonstrable ability to collaborate with a wide variety of colleagues in various departments to achieve ambitious objectives
- Project Management experience
- System Integration experience
- Process Design & Re-engineering
- Supplier Management experience
- Customer Experience knowledge
- Data Governance experience
- Data Quality Audits experience
- Data Validation/Data reconciliation experience
- Data Management governance policies knowledge
- Sales, Marketing & Customer Service concepts & best practices.
Data Governance, IT, Computer Science